Archive for May, 2012
Talent is important for an actor. Training and experience are also important factors that provides an edge with an agent. Before considering an agent, do make sure you are ready for that big break by taking classes and by working, even if it is in local theaters or small-market media work. In other words, pay your dues.
Don’t think that just because you look like a celebrity, you are ready for a big-time agent. Agents that work with A-list clients will only discourage the new Read the rest of this entry »
So you think your acting skills are pretty good, just need a few kinks worked out? Following; tips to help you iron your technique.
One great way to improve your acting is to become an avid observer. Go to the park, the mall, or anywhere with lots of people. Observe their movements, their facial expressions and gestures. Just be careful not to look creepy. Getting arrested might not bode well for your career.
People watching is a great way to open your mind and imagination. That man with the briefcase over there, could he be an Read the rest of this entry »
1. Be punctual and work hard. Just because you’re acting that’s no reason to treat it different than any other job.
2. Be friendly and personable. Even if you’re playing a villain, people like to work with actors that keep things professionsl.
3. Prepare your lines and character. Even if you only have a few, deliver them with force and verve.
4. Keep your headshot up to date. Headshots are how many directors will cast you, so make sure they know what you look like.
5. Listen to direction. A little advice from the director can go a long way.
6. Commit to the Read the rest of this entry »
One of the main keys to becoming a successful actor or actress will be finding a school that teaches their students how to showcase their talents. It’s very important to find an acting school that focuses on your acting goals. Selecting a school is a personal decision, one that must feel right for the individual.
We are fortunate to have many great acting schools in the country. Some of the best are:
The Julliard School – Located in New York City, the Read the rest of this entry »